New York State DWI Information
- MANY DWI AND REFUSAL CASES CAN BE SUCCESSFULLY DEFENDED!
- BREATH TESTS ARE HIGHLY INACCURATE .
- PROTECT YOUR LICENSE, YOUR CAR AND YOUR GOOD NAME!
- LEANDRA’S LAW – GOOD INTENTIONS CAN RESULT IN HARM TO CHILD AND FAMILY
DID YOU KNOW THAT A DRUNK DRIVING CONVICTION OR A FINDING OF A REFUSAL AT DMV COULD RESULT IN:
- Loss of your Drivers License or Loss of your car or equity in your car.
- A Criminal Conviction for the Rest of Your Life.
- Mandatory Loss of Your Driver's License without the Ability to Obtain a Conditional License.
- Mandatory Interlock system for your car and Mandatory Fines and Surcharges.
- Mandatory Attendance at an Alcohol Treatment Program.
- Increase in Insurance Premiums
- Jail or Prison. Fines and/or Probation
- Adverse Effect on Employment and Credit History.
- Loss of Professional License
- Mandatory $250 yearly fee to the Department of Motor Vehicles for 3 years.
- Mandatory Community Service
NASSAU COUNTY District Attorney’S POLICY ON REFUSAL ON REFUSAL CASES IN NO TO PLEA BARGAINING
The Nassau District Attorney’s Office has a Policy not to Plea Bargain down Nassau County DWI Refusal Cases. Therefore, it is imperative that you hire a Law Firm that Concentrates in DWI Defense in Nassau County. I have represented 1,000’s of people charged with Nassau County DWI cases and other NY DWI courts. I have gone to trial on well over 100 DWI and DWAI cases, and have conducted 100’s of DWI Refusal hearings and DWI pre-trial hearings. I have lectured on the Defense of DWI cases and The Defense of DWI Refusal Cases before the Nassau and Suffolk County Bar Associations. On numerous occasions our law firm has been successful at the Refusal Hearing, or on Appeal. Given that a finding of a refusal to take a breath test results in a minimum one year revocation of your license with no avenue for a conditional license without a plea to DWI it is imperative that you obtain a DWI attorney experienced in defending this type of case.